Eating, Drinking and Swallowing Competency Framework eLearning Courses23 Jun 2020
Working with East Sussex Healthcare Trust for Quality Assurance
We have partnered with Anita Smith, Laura Jones and the team at East Sussex Healthcare Trust to develop the first eLearning courses to be aligned to the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT) guidance for dysphagia management – The Eating, Drinking and Swallowing Competency Framework eLearning.
The courses provide detailed and engaging modules on all the knowledge requirements at each of the Levels set out by the RCSLT.
- Level 1 – Public Health Messages, Awareness – The RCSLT has set out that this level of knowledge would be required by the general public and support roles in health and social care settings, such as cleaning, maintenance and transport.
- Level 2 – Care Plan Implementation – The RCSLT has set out that this level of knowledge would be required by anyone involved in the direct care of patients with dysphagia, those preparing oral intake and assist in providing food and drinks for individuals. Level 2 knowledge would be required by parents, health care assistants or anyone following eating, drinking and swallowing care plans.
- Level 3 – Identification and Implementation of an Interim Eating and Drinking Plan – The RCSLT has set out that this level of knowledge is required by anyone ‘expected to trial strategies as part of an eating and drinking routine to optimise eating and drinking activity as part of an interim care plan’. Level 3 knowledge would be required by senior health care and nursing staff.
- Level 4 – Protocol Guided Assessment and Management – The RCSLT has set out that this level of knowledge would be required by those ‘offering modified food and fluids as part of their protocol-guided action plan commensurate with the IDDSI Framework’. Level 4 knowledge would be required by Speech and Language Therapy Assistants.
Each Course sets out the required knowledge base for the each Level set out in the Framework over a series of 15 minute modules.
Each module uses a blend of case studies, descriptions, current research, interactive components and videos to aid understanding and make the experience engaging.
There are ‘Quick Quizzes’ along the way to ensure learners feel they have picked up the required knowledge and a certificated assessment at the end of each Level to evidence successful course completion.
Each course only costs £10! However, if you need a number of courses for some of your learners, bundles can be purchased where each additional course is 50% off!
Book a Live Tour of the Courses
For large scale implementation of the Eating, Drinking and Swallowing Competency eLearning courses you can book a live tour with Preston or James. This will give you a greater insight into:
- The content of each of the courses
- The navigation and functionality of the courses and our system
- Management functions and completion tracking
- Course licences to embed in your learning management system (LMS)
- Direct access to Preston or James to discuss your needs
To book a tour click HERE