Practical Course – Dysphagia Diets for IDDSI17 Jan 2020
The Practical Course – Dysphagia Diets for IDDSI is our one day fundamental course on understanding IDDSI and making foods that fit the IDDSI Framework.
This highly commended course gives learners the understanding of dysphagia and IDDSI needed to support the delivery of foods for dysphagia diets. We build on this fundamental knowledge base to demonstrate how ORAL is applied so that a wide range of dishes, meals and snacks can be provided for people in need of food suitable for dysphagia.
Practical Course – Dysphagia Diets for IDDSI Overview
- Introduction to dysphagia
- Understanding dysphagia
- Drinking and eating normally
- Drinking challenges
- Eating challenges
- Describing food textures and IDDSI
- Difficulties describing food textures
- RCSLT and BDA endorsement of IDDSI – Drink and Food recommendations
- Safe management of food production for dysphagia
- ORAL processes
- ORAL and the IDDSI Levels
- Practical demonstration and modification tasks
- IDDSI Level 6 – Salmon salad
- IDDSI Level 5 – Chilli-con-carne
- IDDSI Level 4 – Chicken and mushroom pasta
The format of the course combines theoretical presentations with group workshops to enhance understanding, develop ideas and give context to the practical sessions.
Practical skills are introduced in a methodical way with detailed instructions and observations being delivered through demonstrations, testing and tastings.
The course duration in approximately 7 hours with a scheduled breaks including lunch and is supported by online modules in catering for dysphagia.
Learners completing the Practical Course – Dysphagia Diets for IDDSI will also receive a certificate for evidence in training files and access to course resources online.
Mainland UK price: £275
If you want to book yourself or your team members onto Practical Course – Dysphagia Diets for IDDSI: